What is Dermo-Rest?
Dermo-Rest belongs to the family of medicines called antifungals, which are used to treat infections caused by a fungus or yeast. They work by killing the fungus or yeast or preventing its growth.
Dermo-Rest cream is applied to the skin to treat:
- ringworm of the body (tinea corporis);
- ringworm of the foot (tinea pedis; athlete's foot);
- ringworm of the groin (tinea cruris; jock itch);
- tinea versicolor (sometimes called "sun fungus"); and
- yeast infection of the skin (cutaneous candidiasis).
Topical treatment of dermal infections due to susceptible fungi (dermatophytes and yeasts) and in those conditions complicated by infection with susceptible gram-positive bacteria. Infections eg, tinea pedis, tinea cruris, tinea corporis and tinea versicolor respond to treatment with Dermo-Rest.
How should I use Dermo-Rest?
Use Dermo-Rest as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with Dermo-Rest. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Dermo-Rest is for vaginal use only. Do not use in the eyes or take by mouth.
- Insert 1 applicatorful into the vagina at bedtime. Throw applicator away after use.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Dermo-Rest.
- Only one dose of Dermo-Rest is required. If you forget to use Dermo-Rest, use it as soon as you remember.
Back to top