- Chemical name: 1-((3-(6,7-dihydro-1-methyl-7-oxo-3-propyl-1H-pyrazolo(4,3-d)pyrimidin-5-yl)-4-ethoxyphenyl)sulfonyl)-4-methylpiperazine citrate
- Formula: C28H38N6O11S
- Anabolic activity index: not a steroid
- Androgenic activity index: not a steroid
CENFORCE-50 - CENTURION LABORATORIES
Cenforce-50 (Generic Viagra, Sildenafil Citrate, manufactured by Centurion Laboratories, India) relaxes muscles found in the walls of blood vessels and increases blood flow to particular areas of the body.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use Cenforce-50 if you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate, if you take other medicines to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension, such as riociguat (Adempas). Do not take Cenforce-50 if you are also using a nitrate drug for chest pain or heart problems. This includes nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate, and isosorbide mononitrate. Nitrates are also found in some recreational drugs such as amyl nitrate or nitrite (“poppers”). Taking Cenforce-50 with a nitrate medicine can cause a sudden and serious decrease in blood pressure.
To make sure Cenforce-50 is safe for you, tell your doctor about your other medical conditions, especially:
- heart disease or heart rhythm problems, coronary artery disease;
- a recent history (in the past 6 months) of a heart attack, stroke, or congestive heart failure;
- high or low blood pressure;
- liver or kidney disease;
- a blood cell disorder such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia;
- a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia;
- a stomach ulcer;
- retinitis pigmentosa (an inherited condition of the eye);
- a physical deformity of the penis (such as Peyronie’s disease); or
- if you have been told you should not have sexual intercourse for health reasons.
Cenforce-50 can decrease blood flow to the optic nerve of the eye, causing sudden vision loss. This has occurred in a small number of people taking Sildenafil Citrate, most of whom also had heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or certain pre-existing eye problems, and in those who smoked or were over 50 years old. It is not clear whether Sildenafil Citrate is the actual cause of vision loss. Do not give Cenforce-50 to anyone under 18 years old without medical advice.
How should I take Cenforce-50?
Take Cenforce-50 exactly as it was prescribed for you. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Cenforce-50 is usually taken only when needed, 30 minutes to 1 hour before sexual activity. You may take it up to 4 hours before sexual activity. Do not take Cenforce-50 more than once per day. Cenforce-50 can help you have an erection when sexual stimulation occurs. An erection will not occur just by taking a pill. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
What should I avoid while taking Cenforce-50?
Drinking alcohol with this medicine can cause side effects. Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with Sildenafil Citrate and lead to unwanted side effects. Avoid the use of grapefruit products while taking Cenforce-50. Avoid using any other medicines to treat impotence, such as alprostadil or yohimbine, without first talking to your doctor.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Cenforce-50: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking Cenforce-50 and get emergency medical help if you have:
- heart attack symptoms–chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating;
- vision changes or sudden vision loss; or
- erection is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours (prolonged erection can damage the penis).
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- ringing in your ears, or sudden hearing loss;
- irregular heartbeat;
- swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet;
- shortness of breath;
- seizure (convulsions); or
- a light-headed feeling, like you might pass out.
Common Cenforce-50 side effects may include:
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling);
- headache, dizziness;
- abnormal vision (blurred vision, changes in color vision)
- stuffy nose;
- muscle pain, back pain; or
- upset stomach.
Usual Adult Dose:
- Initial dose: 50 mg orally once a day, as needed, 1 hour prior to sexual activity
- Maintenance: 25 to 100 mg orally once a day, as needed, 1 hour prior to sexual activity
- Comments: This drug may be taken anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity.
WARNING: Do not take Cenforce-50 with similar medications such as avanafil (Stendra), tadalafil (Cialis) or vardenafil (Levitra). Tell your doctor about all your current medicines and any you start or stop using, especially:
- an antibiotic such as clarithromycin, erythromycin, or telithromycin;
- antifungal medicine such as ketoconazole or itraconazole;
- medicine to treat HIV/AIDS, such as atazanavir, indinavir, ritonavir, or saquinavir; or
- drugs to treat high blood pressure or a prostate disorder.
Back to top